Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tuesday Night Dinner

by Dallas...

I am sitting here right now at 5:00 PM on wed….. Last night we met Sandy, Paul & family and the other three families for dinner. We had decided that we were going to try out the stroller with Logan. We had been using the Bjorn all this time….it’s been me mostly with the Bjorn…..I am selfish like that, I just like having him close to me. Anyway, all seemed fine until we got to the restaurant. The restaurant was in a busy part of town and we had decided to take taxicabs just in case it would rain (it rains every day). The ride was crazy just like everyday here but we arrived safely (there are no child restraint systems in any of the taxicabs). We had reservations and went up to the third floor of this restaurant, it reminded me of a restaurant in little Italy in New York. We had a bunch of tables pushed together and I had decided to take the end so that we would have room for the stroller. I put Logan into the stroller, he didn’t seemed all that impressed but wiggled around a little and I thought he was fine….well he wasn’t. I was able to order but not eat my dinner.

I guess this was the pay back we were getting for having a very good night last night. Logan did not want to be in the stroller nor did he want me to eat that evening. I felt helpless walking around trying to calm him and smile at the other people in the restaurant. NOW!! I know how it feels to have people staring at you and threatening to call the authorities on you like you’re pinching your child or abusing them some how. Just so you know Logan wasn’t the only child acting up; Max, the other boy, decided to eat the paper table cloth…..

We came back to the apartment after a fairly uneventful taxi ride back. We finally got Logan all settled in his crib around 8:00 PM. We crashed at 9:00 PM – we were exhausted!!

No comments: